Monday 3 May 2010

Detox Days 10 & 11

I couldn't blog about it yesterday - I simply couldn't. I had window-washing arm fatigue. Oh, it was horrible. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to chop up veggies for my salad, but I persevered.

Not sure where all the energy came from, but I went to town with my spring cleaning yesterday. I hadn't realize that could be possible without the aid of a cappuccino. Live and learn, eh!

Our family was paid a surprise visit from my in laws yesterday. They were kind enough to offer us an ice cream excursion. Don't think I didn't consider it, because I did. Not only did I consider it, but I had actually made a conscious decision to CHEAT by indulging in a kiddie cone at Paloma Gelateria & Cafe. I had even decided that I would get Donatella (that's the Nutealla flavoured goodness that is pure evil....oxymorons rock!).

When we arrived at Paloma, the detox diva in me couldn't do it. Nope. I didn't do it. I sat there, waiting patiently for everyone to finish their gelato (as my eyes nearly popped out of my head & I salivated like a tiger in a butcher shop). Then I went home & had my rice cake & apple butter snack with a lovely chamomile lavender tea. How'd ya like them apples?

Day 10
breakfast - funky cereal w/ banana & almond milk
lunch- brown rice pasta w/ grilled chicken breast
snack - mango
snack - pistachio nuts & an apple
dinner - salad w/ tuna
snack - rice cakes w/ apple butter

Day 11
breakfast - oatmeal w/ bananas
lunch - Mediterranean quinoa salad
snack - apple sauce & almonds
dinner - curried butternut squash soup & 2 rice cakes w/ apple butter
I'll have another snack later on... maybe some grapes & nuts. Not grapenuts (hahahahahahahahaha) ehem.

No comments: