Saturday 1 May 2010

Detox Day 9

If ever there was a day when I was entitled to cheat my detox into oblivion, it was today. From a wild goose chase for Miss 6's ballet slippers (which have disappeared into thin air, along with her brand new sun hat) to madness at the mall, it was hellish to say the very least.

What is wrong with people in shopping malls? When you park your vehicle, do you leave your brain behind as well??? Bloody hell! Watch where you're going, for starters. If you're walking northbound, then don't be looking eastward - LOOK NORTHWARD! I can't tell you how irritating it is for me to have to move out of your way because you're too busy looking at a puppy dog quilt while charging full speed ahead.... Now you understand why I was so tempted to cheat. I needed an iced, tall, soy, chai tea latte BADLY. But. I didn't do it. Nope. It nearly slayed me, but I held fast.

However.... Giada's cookbook proved to be a different story. I couldn't resist making her Prosciutto Mozzarella Pinwheels for dinner tonight (for my family!). Quinoa Mediterranean salad was on the menu for me. Now, forgive me for being a mere mortal, but I made those friggin' pinwheels & there was no way in hell that I wasn't going to have a bite. In all fairness, I needed to be assured of the fact that I was serving up something edible to my family. That's my job (uh huh). Turns out the pinwheels were divine. Two bites was more than enough to get my guilt meter started up, so it was back to quinoa pronto.

Breakfast: oatmeal & banana
Lunch: brown rice pasta w/ grilled chicken breast
snack: 2 rice cakes w/ apple butter
snack: a couple of slices of turkey breast & a bunch (not massive) of grapes
cheat: 2 bites of the pinwheel (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnomnom)
dinner: Mediterranean quinoa salad (w/ tomatoes, cucumber, onion, goat cheese, evoo & oregano)

No comments: