Saturday 24 April 2010

This is good for me, right?

I awoke on day 2 of my cleanse feeling more sluggish & cranky than anything else. The pain behind my left eye was there to bid me top'o' the morn. I finally caved & took 2 ultra - strength Tylenols. Within half an hour, I was feeling a bit more like myself. I'll admit that it did cross my mind to make myself a quick cup of espresso - minus the sugar, of course. I held strong, however, and sipped my green tea instead.

My Saturday morning latte didn't happen. That kind of hurt. By now, it's become a ritual. I drop off Miss 6 to ballet & make a beeline for Centro Cafe. There's a short, dark-haired lady with glasses & a lovely smile. She makes the most divine lattes. She was there this morning & was stunned by the fact that I was only purchasing some a Vienna Loaf for the family. I'm pretty impressed with my resolve.

Dairy Queen also didn't lead me astray today. Let the kids have their chocolate dipped... I did just fine with a handful of almonds. Yup, I loooove almonds. Almonds or ice cream? Almonds all the way! Three cheers for almonds! Okay, enough with the overcompensating. I wanted the ice cream. I had almonds. And that's that.

I'm definitely feeling more cranky on this day 2 of detox. I'm sluggish, agitated...not quite myself. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.

Breakfast:
More of that funky grain cereal thing with almond milk

Lunch:
Greek quinoa salad

Snack:
peppers w/ hummus

a handful of almonds

grapes

Dinner:
potatoes & salmon w/ salad

Snack:
mango

To drink: 1 cup earl grey green tea, 2 cups chamomile-lavender tea & a ton of water

No comments: