Sunday 25 April 2010

detox day 3

I don't even have the energy to come up with a title today! This is day three, and from what I've been told, it's living up to the expectation of it being one of the worst days. My energy is low low low. I'm a cranky crankster. The gleaming DeLonghi espresso maker on my counter isn't making things any easier. I suppose it would have been an intelligent move to shift the DeLonghi elsewhere. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

This whole ordeal probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to worry about cooking for my family. Essentially, my ire boils down to having to prepare 6 meals a day as opposed to 3.

Mr. 4 is actually rather intrigued by mommy's new way of eating & will gladly try whatever I'm eating. Sometimes he'll ask for more, but mostly he'll opt for the "normal meal". As for hubby & Miss 6, let's not even go there. They weren't even willing to taste 1 "O" from my funky cereal cheerios. Mr.4 quite liked them. And yes, they aren't half bad.

Food wise, today was easier on me. I don't find myself very hungry. It appears that what I'm eating is sufficient. Plus, I'm sure all the water I'm downing is making it difficult for any hunger signals to reach my brain. I can't even begin to tell you how much Cottonelle I've used - TMI, I know.

Tomorrow might prove to be a challenge; I've got to take this detox on the road. I don't know if I can handle a workday without coffee. We'll see.

Breakfast: oatmeal & banana - earl grey green tea
Snack: grapes & a handful of almonds
Lunch: brown rice pasta w/ homemade tomato sauce & a sprinkle of goat cheese
Snack: tomatoes, cucumber & humus
super quick snack...olives stuffed with garlic (ooooh sooooo goooood)
Dinner: Leftover from last night - potato, salmon & green salad

No comments: