Thursday 22 April 2010

The good, the bad and the detox



I'm holding myself accountable here. It's been a long time coming, and finally I am ready to detoxify my body. No excuses! It's time for some internal spring cleaning. I'm pulling out all my arsenal: quinao, kamut, brown rice, fresh fruits & veggies (with some exclusions that really don't make sense to me, but I'll do my best to follow). Out with the bad stuff (though it's really oh so good). Yes, dear reader, I am going to lay it all out in it's inevitable ugliness.

Most difficult will be giving up my caffeine habit over the course of the next 15 days. Granted, I'm not as bad as I used to be. Back when grunge & plaid shirts were du jour, I could easily knock back 7-10 cups of caffeinated beverage per day. Lately, I've been indulging in a meager 1-4 cups daily. Not bad, right? So eliminating it should be rather simple, right? I'm not so sure. I'll report back on day 1 tomorrow.

Wish me luck. I need it.

Here we go....

No comments: