Wednesday 28 April 2010

Detox Day 6...a.k.a. 9 days to go

If one more person asks me what's wrong, I'm going to clock 'em! And that's not the drink talking...unless you classify "the drink" as chamomile tea or water. *sigh*

Yes, I'm on my 6th day of the cleanse. In the past six days, I've had more than my fair share of people questioning me about my sanity as they cannot fathom WHY I would want to torture myself. Is it really such a sacrifice? I'm starting to feel like a monk in a hairshirt.

I also find it amusing how people have suddenly become so generous with their offering of goodies - or maybe I just wasn't noticing (read: appreciative of it) before. Just this week, the following made appearances in my workplace: 1 Bart Simpson chocolate, 1 Spider man chocolate, 1 batch of chocolate chunk cookies, free coffee (holla!) 2 days in a row (!!!), Dairy Queen Blizzards for all (hurray!), Ranch flavoured Sunchips (in their super-cool compostable bag). To all of these wonderful things, I politely declined with a "No, thanks...SABOTEURS!!!"

Righteousness & a will of steel does have it's benefits, though. My skin is positively radiant (...that's an Aveeno product, isn't it? Perhaps I should try it). I feel "lighter", though I haven't weighed myself, so I'm not sure if it's actual weight off or just a lightness of being. And finally, I haven't croaked without coffee. Incredible, no?

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana & hemp seeds
Snack: applesauce
Lunch: rice cakes w/ hummus & avocado slices
Snack: celery w/ hummus
Another snack: rice cake w/ apple butter
Dinner: brown rice pasta w/ tomato sauce & a honkin' big green salad
Snack: A bunch of strawberries & a handful of almonds

No comments: