Tuesday 27 April 2010

Cheater Cheater!!! Detox day 5

Last night, I thought I was going to croak. I was ready to start penning my good-byes to everyone. One minute I was hot. The next minute, I was cold. And no, I am not peri-menopausal! My bones ached & I had chills. It felt as though I was coming down with a whopper of a flu. This morning, I was doing a tad better, but still functioning at only about 60%. I felt crappier than crap. Mr. Hubby attributed it to the detox & suggested I eat a Nutella sandwich. Thanks for the support, eh!

I'm not sure if this is what detox does. Am I supposed to feel like the walking dead?

So far, I've heard from my mom-in-law that caffeine withdrawal can cause depression. Well, I haven't been contemplating taking my life, but I certainly haven't been my chipper self. Then, at work today, my co-workers staged a half-assed intervention underlying the thought: "this detox seems to be making you all mush & down - maybe you should quit it & eat 'normal' food".

Nay, I say. Nay! Nay!

And then, we went to that Swiss chicken place. That's when it happened. 'Twas but a dollop of sour cream. I caved. Pooh to me!

But you know what? I don't care. I suffered last night & today. Bloody aches & pains. I deserved the sour cream. It's not like I did the sour cream, a pinot grigio & fries. Nay! Nay, I say. I merely gave into the sumptuous creaminess of my baked potato topper. But I won't let it ruin what I've accomplished so far. Nay!

Breakfast: oatmeal, banana & hemp seeds (thanks Cat)
Lunch: rice cakes topped with hummus & avocado, a ton of fresh veggies too
Snack : rice cakes topped with apple butter (yes, the rice cakes are convenient)
Snack 2 : an apple - albeit a mushy apple (so very disappointing)
Dinner: Cheater's Delight... Chicken breast, baked potato...and....(cue the music)...big, bad sour cream
The day's not over. I may have some grapes. We'll see.

No comments: