Monday 26 April 2010

Detox Day 4

I didn't want to write this evening. I really really didn't. I'm completely and utterly spent. The last thing I want to do is rehash how difficult it was to sniff at the endless cups of coffee passing me by throughout my workday.

Sure, my coworkers were great about feigning their disgust as the downed their mocha java delights, but I knew it was rocking their world. I resisted & drank a couple of cups of herbal tea.

They say I'm supposed to start feeling better, but I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I'm still feeling rather peevish, though the caffeine withdrawal has eased up a bit (thanks to the kind supplement advice from Ivanka & Mirella). I've doubled my B & C vitamin intake... take THAT, caffeine monster (whom I love a bit too much).

Spreading maple syrup on my kids' pancakes nearly sent me for a loop. It took the power of an army of angels for me not to lick my fingers greedily when a drop of the sweet stuff went astray. Oh what it took! Only 11 days to go...

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ bananas (yes, it's becoming boring, but it's quick & easy)
Lunch: quinoa salad w/ tuna
snack 1: veggies & hummus
snack 2: an apple & almonds
Dinner: (please don't judge...I was tired after making the family dinner) 1 bowl of that funky allowable cereal made from whatchamacallit grains & strawberries w/ almond milk
To drink today: a ton of water, chamomile tea, green tea

No comments: